Organic apple cider vinegar is great for your hair and scalp. It cleans the hair and gives it volume and shine, but it also prevents hair loss. Apple vinegar reduces itching of the scalp and eliminates dandruff by destroying bacteria or fungi that are confined in hair follicles.
The active ingredient in apple cider vinegar, alpha-hydroxy acid helps remove the build-up from styling hair products, enhancing the healthy and smooth the hair, making proper pH balance, helps hair growth and healthy scalp.
All you need to do is rinse your hair with some apple cider vinegar mixed with lukewarm water.
How to use apple cider vinegar for different hair types?
- Curly, thick or long hair — combine 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and 1 quart of warm water
- Straight, fine, thin or short hair — combine 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar and 1 cup of warm water
- Chemically straightened or treated hair — combine 1/2 cup of apple cider vinegar and 2 cups of warm water
- Naturally kinky or thick hair — combine 1 cup of apple cider vinegar and 3 cups of warm water
How Often Can I Use The Treatment?
- Wave, curly, thick or long hair — Use once every 2 weeks
- Straight, fine, thin or short hair — Use once a week
- Chemically straighten or treated hair — Use once a month
- Naturally kinky or thick hair — Use once every 6 — 8 weeks
The Benefits of using Apple Cider Vinegar Hair Rinse
- Removes dead skin cells and promotes healthy hair growth
- Gives hair a nice shine
- Neutralizes the pH levels of your hair follicles
- Removes dandruff
- Excellent for relieving itchy, dry and flaky scalp
- Removes build-up in hair
Encouraging hair growth – ACV can treat clogged hair follicles due to bacterial infection that creates crusty flakes on the scalp (which can result in hair loss).