This stunning cheesecake combines the refreshing flavors of green tea and mint with a hint of chocolate. If you are a green tea lover, you must make this recipe!
MATCHA GREEN TEA AND MINT CHEESECAKE [VEGAN, RAW, GLUTEN-FREE]
- 2 cups coconut flakes
- 1 cup Medjool dates pitted
- 1/2 cup raw buckwheat
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Pinch of salt
- 2 1/2 cups raw cashews (soaked for at least four hours in water to soften)
- 1/2 cup coconut water
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon matcha green tea powder
- 1 cup spinach
- 2 cups fresh mint
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 1 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 block raw mint chocolate
- Mint leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon matcha powder
To Make the Crust:
- Line the base of a springform cake pan with parchment paper.
- Blend crust ingredients and place in the cake pan. Press the crust down with your fingers until even and place in freezer.
To Make the Filling:
- Blend cashews, coconut oil, vanilla extract, coconut water, and sweetener. Blend until smooth.
- Pour in some of the filling in the cake pan and leave the rest for the green tea layer.
- With remaining cashew filling, add in spinach, mint, peppermint extract and matcha powder, blend until combined, and pour into the cake pan with the crust.
- Place in the freezer and let it set for about four hours.
- Break up chocolate bar in a heatproof bowl, boil water in a saucepan and place bowl in water. Let the chocolate melt, and grab the bowl with a tea towel so you don’t burn your hand. Add a sprinkle of matcha powder, mint and pistachio nuts.
- Store in the fridge or freezer!