This vegan lemongrass Thai green curry soup with zucchini noodles is the the ideal light meal for those days when you’ve had a heavy breakfast and lunch or you want dinner AND dessert and don’t want to sacrifice: this soup tastes like it should be heavy in calories, but it’s not at all and it’s still filling, as always.
VEGETARIAN LEMONGRASS GREEN COCONUT CURRY SOUP WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES [VEGAN]
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil (or virgin coconut oil)
- 1 lemongrass stalk, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon Thai green curry paste
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup water
- 1.5oz mushrooms of choice (a large handful)
- 2oz snow peas
- 2oz baby bok choy, chopped in 3″ pieces
- 1/3 cup diced scallions
- ½ cup small-cubed tofu
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 large zucchini or 2 medium zucchinis, Blade C
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add in the lemongrass, garlic, ginger, red pepper flakes and green curry paste. Cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add the broth and water and bring to a boil. Once boiling, add in the mushrooms, snow peas, bok choy, scallions, tofu, lime juice and zucchini noodles.
- Let cook for 3-4 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Once tender, add in the cilantro, season generously with salt and pepper and stir to combine and serve into bowls.