You’ll feel like a green goddess (or god) when you treat yourself to one of these amazing sandwiches! Nutty pesto, creamy avocado, and melty vegan cheese come together between two pieces of bread to create the grilled sandwich of your dreams.
GREEN GODDESS GRILLER [VEGAN]
THIS RECIPE IS :
- 1/3 cup basil, chopped
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup kale, chopped
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Spelt bread
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 cup spinach
- Your favorite vegan cheese
- 1-2 tablespoons coconut butter
- To make the pesto, add all ingredients to a blender and run until combined.
- Spread pesto sauce on both slices of bread.
- On one slice of bread, add cheese, avocado and spinach.
- Top with the other piece of bread pressing it gently together.
- In a small fry pan, heat up coconut butter.
- Cook sandwich on both sides for four to five minutes, or until golden.
- Cut sandwich in half or in quarters.